I am research scientist in the Fujitsu Knowledge Engineering and Discovery Research Group. My research interests span knowledge graphs management, machine learning for relational data, and knowledge graphs applications. I obtained a PhD in computer science from the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis, during my stint at the French Institute for Research in Computer Science (Inria), where I worked on context-aware access to Linked Data.
Knowledge Graph Mining
- Embedding models for Knowledge Graph completion
- Representation learning for Knowledge Graphs
- Statistical relational learning
- Machine learning and data mining methods for the Semantic Web
- Data mining and knowledge discovery in Linked Data
Linked Data and Semantic Web
- Knowledge Graph lifecyle management
- Management of Semantic Web data and Linked Data
- Access Control and Privacy in Semantic Data
- Semantic technologies for mobile platforms
A traffic analytics platform for servers that publish Linked Data.
A service that mines access logs of registered Linked Data servers and extracts Linked Data-specific traffic metrics providing insights not available in traditional web analytics tools.
- Designed and applied scalable embedding models for knowledge graph completion in various industry scenarios.
- Designed and implemented a traffic analytics platform for Linked Data on a data warehouse built on HBase.
- Designed a supervised anti-spam filter for knowledge graphs.
- Designed and developed a query mediator for polyglot and distributed data tiers.
- PhD Thesis: "Context-Aware Access Control and Presentation of Linked Data". Co-supervised by Fabien Gandon and Ivan Herman.
- Designed a context-aware access control framework for triple stores.
- Adapted an $O(n)$ with $n$ compared graphs error-tolerant matching algorithm to RDF.
- Designed a presentation layer for RDF that adapts rendering to mobile context.
- Maintained production backend Java code base at Amadeus S.A.
- Collaborated with product managers, UX specialists, and QA.
- Cluster analysis on mobile users location data to summarize mobility patterns and predict habits.
- Designed and implemented back end Java infrastructure for location-based mobile services.
- Collaborated in mining user-generated content on mobile users photo-sharing portal.
- Applied off-the-shelf topic modeling algorithms to extract tags from user-generated content.
L. Costabello, P.Y Vandenbussche, G. Shukair, C. Deliot, and N. Wilson: Traffic Analytics for Linked Data Publishers. 14th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2017.
L. Costabello. Error-Tolerant RDF Subgraph Matching for Adaptive Presentation of Linked Data on Mobile. 11th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2014.
L. Costabello, S. Villata. O. Rodriguez-Rocha and F. Gandon. Access Control for HTTP Operations on Linked Data. 10th Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC), 2013.
L. Costabello, S. Villata and F. Gandon. Context-Aware Access Control for RDF Graph Stores. 20th European Conference on Artificial Intelligence (ECAI 2012), 2012.
L. Costabello and F. Gandon. Context-Aware Presentation of Linked Data on Mobile. International Journal On Semantic Web and Information Systems (IJSWIS), Vol. 10(4), 2014.
S. Villata, L. Costabello, N. Delaforge and F. Gandon. A Social Semantic Web Access Control Model. Journal on Data Semantics (JoDS), Vol. 2(1) Springer, 2013.
P. Falcarin, O. Rodriguez-Rocha, L. Costabello, and L.W. Goix. Leveraging Context for Social Media Mobile Services. IEEE Pervasive Computing, Vol. 7 (4), Work-in-Progress section, 2008.
- Book Chapters
S. Villata, L. Costabello, F. Gandon, C. Faron-Zucker, M. Buffa. Social Semantic Network-based Access Control. Chapter in Security and Privacy Preserving in Social Networks, Series: Lecture Notes in Social Networks. Chbeir, Richard and Al Bouna, Bechara (Eds.), Springer, 2013.
L. Costabello. Context-Aware Access Control and Presentation for Linked Data, PhD Thesis, 2013.
- Posters, Demos,
L. Costabello, P.Y Vandenbussche, G. Shukair, C. Deliot, and N. Wilson: Access Logs Don't Lie: Towards Traffic Analytics for Linked Data Publishers. ISWC, Demo session, 2016.
L. Costabello, F. Gandon. Error-Tolerant RDF Subgraph Matching for Adaptive Presentation of Linked Data on Mobile. WWW, Poster session, 2014.
L. Costabello, S. Villata, I. Vagliano, and F. Gandon. Assisted Policy Management for SPARQL Endpoints Access Control. 12th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC), Demo session, 2013.
L. Costabello, S. Villata, N. Delaforge and F. Gandon. SHI3LD: an Access Control Framework for the Mobile Web of Data. 23rd ACM Conference on Hypertext and Social Media (HYPERTEXT 2012), Poster Session, 2012.
L. Costabello, S. Villata, N. Delaforge and F. Gandon. Ubiquitous Access Control for SPARQL Endpoints: Lessons Learned and Future Challenges. WWW, Poster session, 2012.
L. Costabello. PRISSMA, Towards Mobile Adaptive Presentation of the Web of Data. Doctoral Consortium of the 10th International Semantic Web Conference, ISWC, Bonn, 2011.
L. Costabello, O. Rodriguez Rocha and L.W. Goix. Sharing Mobile User Experiences with Context-Based Mashups. Mobiquitous, Dublin, 2008.
A.L. Gentile, M. Acosta, L. Costabello, A.G. Nuzzolese, V. Presutti, and D. Reforgiato. Conference Live: Accessible and Sociable Conference Semantic Data. Semantics, Analytics, Visualisation: Enhancing Scholarly Data Workshop (SAVE-SD), WWW, 2015.
E. Muñoz, L. Costabello, and PY Vandenbussche. µRaptor: A DOM-based System with Appetite for hCard Elements. 2nd Workshop on Linked Data for Information Extraction (LD4IE), ISWC, 2014.
A. Hasnain, M. Al-Bakri, L. Costabello, Z. Cong, I. Davis and T. Heath. Spamming in Linked Data. 3rd International Workshop on Consuming Linked Data (COLD2012), ISWC, 2012.
L. Costabello, S. Villata, N. Delaforge and F. Gandon. Linked Data Access Goes Mobile: Context-Aware Authorization for Graph Stores. 5th Linked Data on the Web Workshop (LDOW2012), WWW, 2012.
L. Costabello and L.W Goix. Time-Based Cluster Analysis for Automatic Blog Generation. Workshop on Social Web Search and Mining - WWW, 2008.